Thank you for your interest in serving with Child Evangelism Fellowship®
Volunteer Application and Screening Instructions for CEF Volunteers.
CEF takes seriously our responsibility to protect the children we serve, the volunteers who serve the children, our partnering churches and the good name of Jesus Christ.
Thank you for your decision to volunteer with Child Evangelism Fellowship®. We are excited about all that God is going to do as churches all across the nation share the Gospel with unchurched children in their communities. Following are some important considerations for all who will volunteer and have direct contact with the children through CEF ministries.
- CEF does online background checks and volunteer applications utilizing a secure server so that your information is safe.
- All volunteers (age 18 and older) and CEF missionaries are required to undergo a national criminal background check.
- All approved workers will receive a required nametag upon completion of steps 1-3.
- You will need to go online to complete the screening process. CEF Pasadena Chapter will pay your screening fee.
There are three easy steps required for volunteer participation:
PRIOR to COMPLETING THE ONLINE APPLICATION
Click the button below:
FOR STEP 2 YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING:
- Your salvation testimony
- Reference contact information (name, phone, email). This should include: pastor or church leader, previous employer, and two personal references. No relatives please.
- Previous addresses (last 5 years)
- Driver’s License (if applicable) and Social Security Number
If you have prepared the information requested, it will take you approximately 15 minutes to complete the online application.
Note: The system will time out after approximately 10 minutes of no activity, and you must complete the form within 40 minutes.
Please click on the button below to complete your Background Screening:
**Online parental consent for reference checks is required for applicants under the age of 18**
IF YOU ARE A MINOR:
- After you enter your birthdate a pop-up notification will appear. Your parent/guardian must click OK and you can continue with the form.
- At the end of the form, your parent/guardian must be the one to check the “I Agree” box and enter their full name as a signature.
ID CHECK AND INTERVIEW
This final step will be completed by your CEF team leader.
- You will be required to show a photo ID (driver’s license, passport, or school ID) and answer a few interview questions.
- Once this step is complete, you will receive your nametag, indicating that you are a screened volunteer.
Please complete steps 1-2 as soon as possible.
You will receive confirmation once your screening has been submitted, and we will notify Child Evangelism Fellowship Pasadena Chapter that you have completed steps 1-2.
Thank you for volunteering to reach boys and girls with the Good News of Jesus Christ! May God bless you as you faithfully serve Him!
Questions? Contact our office at: